For small to medium-sized businesses, a Managed IT Service Provider (MSP) may be the best solution for your IT infrastructure. Contrary to having an in-house IT team, an MSP may be a more cost-efficient solution to ensure the stability and the support that your company may need.
There are many IT service providers out there, so how will you know which is the best? Here are 4 qualities to look for when selecting the right Managed IT Service Provider for your company.
- Credibility: With so many IT servicers out there, it is important to assess the credibility of an MSP before securing one for your business. Much like you would with any other partnership, you want to make sure you do your research and ask the right questions.
- – Ask about the size of the company, certifications and years of experience their staff has.
- – Determine how many years the company has been around.
- – Do not hesitate to ask for references from their current clients. This can help you better understand their track record.
- Predictability: With your IT infrastructure, predictability is imperative to the success of your business. Your MSP should be able to ensure predictability and continuity of their service and the performance of your system to demonstrate predictability to their current and potential clients.
- Reliability and Trust: Responsiveness is an incredibly important quality to look for in a MSP. Knowing that you can rely on your service provider at any time, no matter the hour or holiday, helps to build trust in your partnership. If you are working in an industry with very sensitive data, knowing your potential provider has established credibility as reliable, with other clients in that industry, can also help you feel more at ease.
- Strategic: Looking for a Managed IT Service Provider should not stop with just a day-to-day servicer. A quality MSP should be a strategic partner in your business, helping to develop and consult on the long term IT strategy to help advance your company mission.
Researching the right service provider can help you grow. If you are still looking for a highly-qualified IT partner, contact 1R Technologies to consult about our service offerings as a premier Managed Service Provider.–